Monday, January 19, 2009

Wal-Mart Run

I do not have my camera- it's with my son in DC. Hopefully, it will come home with him too. Here's what I bought....(a word of warning- NEVER NEVER shop when you skipped both breakfast and lunch!!)

Bananas 48cents/lb....$0.82
Tortillas $1.46
Lay's chips $2.50
Honey Buns $2.50
Donuts $3.00....see what I mean about not shopping hungry?
2 Enchilada sauce $1.14 ea (guess what we're having for dinner?)
Sea Pak popcorn shrimp $3.56 used $1 q (could have gotten a smaller pack for 32 cents after q, but this was a requested item from husband/daughter, and the small pack would not have fed them both)
Nestle hot chocolate $1 used $0.75q
Fast Fixins chicken nuggets $3.68 used $1 q
2 Arm & Hammer boxes $0.54 ea used $1/2 q
Suave lotion $0.97 used $1 q

OOP $18.83
Saved $4.75

YTD OOP: $213.61
YTD Saved: $103.23

Two of my coupons did not scan originally- I noticed that my total was only about $2 less after coupons and I asked the cashier to please check that they all came off. She was very kind to match them all up for me and sure enough, 2 of my $1 coupons did not come off initially. Remember to ALWAYS watch the coupons being scanned- at least check to see how many you have, or how much should come off before you go the register. If they DON"T come off, not only have you overpaid- you've also lost your coupons!

No comments:

Post a Comment