Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Summer Spending / YTD Totals thru May

I just wanted to post a note about how I shop in the summer. I tend not to shop as much. I find it difficult to shop with my kids- they always want so much. My daughter, at least, has a mind for sale prices and bargains, but still- why buy the cheap shampoo when I have 40 bottles at home that I got free? So, I might make bigger trips, but go much less often. We use a lot of our "stockpile" during the summer as well- which is a good thing, since my freezer is crammed full right now!

I will continue to post my purchases, however my readers may not find as many great deals among my purchases- I don't go in the drugstores as much, either. BUT, right now at least, it seems like the deals aren't that great to me. Maybe they will improve when they start doing back to school sales.

In the meantime, I thought i'd post my YTD totals through May:

OOP: $1895.93
Saved: $1341.43

If I continue at this pace, I will have spent @ $4550 for the year (avg $87.50/wk) and saved $3,220 (avg almost $62/wk). Not bad for someone who takes a lot of shortcuts and buys mostly name brands!

No comments:

Post a Comment