Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Bi-lo - had a catalina expiring~


I had a $4 catalina from the ice cream deal a couple of weeks ago & this is how I decided to spend it. The coupons were goofed up somewhat; for some reason instead of doubling, the (2) $0.35 coupons took off an extra $0.08 & $0.03...and my $.50 did not double at all, but I did not notice that one til after I'd left...but the cashier "fixed" it by adding in $0.27 & $0.33, which each doubled- confused yet? Me too; I'll just list what SHOULD have happened- along with my actual totals.
Dixie Napkins $1.67 used $0.50, doubled
(2) Dixie Plates $1.82 used $0.35, doubled
2 Klondike Bars $1.99 ea
used $4 Catalina
OOP: $3.25
Saved: $6.51 (due to goofy coupon ring-up)
I got an extra $0.11 in coupons due to the foul up & the cashiers quick fix- but the napkins & plates were actually a little more than I thought they would be- Bi-lo never lists the regular prices in their B1/G1 ads- they will say something like "save at least $2.65 on 2". It makes it hard to know going in whether something is really a good deal. I probably could have skipped the plates, but I needed the napkins.

No comments:

Post a Comment