Monday, May 3, 2010

April Totals

I took a pretty big shopping break in April - I made half as many trips as I normally do. I stayed out of the drug stores for the most part and only went to Kroger and Wal-mart for the best deals and things I really needed. My savings rate was not as high as normal - 51.8%. But I only spent 75% of my budget, too. Here's my summary for April:

Shelf Cost: $618.90
Coupons: $177.27
Sales/Discounts: $128.02
Gift Cards used: $15.33
OOP: $298.28

I plan to ease up on the shopping in May as well; I took an inventory in March and realized that I could probably go 6 months to a year without buying any non-food products! However, I will still shop for the best deals - and I will try to do better about posting. I did not realize it had been so long - SPRING FEVER!!


No comments:

Post a Comment