Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Why I "Buy" Things I Don't Need


This little bottle of Afrin cost me sales tax only back in June. (Doesn't expire til 3/12). I had a free item coupon. We didn't need it at the time- we rarely get sick, and when we do, we are not fond of squirting stuff up our noses. But, hey- it was "free" and it's not like I had dozens of bottles already. I figured it might come in handy. I actually thought about giving it away, but that was a no-go, since my precious son decided to draw a picture on the box. (Of me? With no hair??) Anyway, there it sat for 9 months in my medicine storage bin. BUT....what was it worth to me at midnight last night when I could not get to sleep because my nose was so stuffed up on both sides (even after a full dose of off brand Nyquil)? PRICELESS!! Definitely worth the $0.38 sales tax I paid at the time. So, yes- I will continue to "buy" things that I don't need - at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment